Celebrating a Summer of Children's Ministry
We've had a great summer in the Children's Ministry at Forest Hills. Below are some photos and highlights from the past few months; we are so thankful for the volunteers who made this summer possible for our children!
- 24 volunteers gave their time and talents to host Way to Gogh. Our annual art camp was, as always, a huge hit with the 27 kids who attended!
- 16 people have volunteered throughout the summer to make Vacation Bible School possible. During VBS each week, we've sung praises to God, learned stories of our faith, seen science experiments, made crafts, played games, and more.
- We launched Story Time with Sue, our preschool story and activity time. About 20% of the families who've attended have been visitors at Forest Hills.
- Kids and their parents participated in Serve Blitz Day, volunteering at several work sites around Raleigh.
- As part of Vacation Bible School, we made more than 40 cards for our In-Crowd (members who can't be at church as often as they would like). We've gotten several thank-you notes from members of the In-Crowd to say how much they loved to know that our children were thinking of them.
- The children's choir summer bus tour has taken the joy of music to dozens of people across the Triangle.
- We've talked, laughed, and played at our monthly Family Ice Cream Fellowships.
If you'd like to have fun AND nurture the next generation of our church at the same time, there's a place for you in the children's ministry! We have opportunities for you to volunteer either regularly or occasionally. If you're interested in exploring the possibilities, email Andrew (email@example.com).