When communicating events to the church, we categorize them into three different categories. If you would like to have your event marketed through the church, please identify which category it falls into, and fill out the corresponding communications request form.
All event requests are due 4 weeks before the event. 4 weeks of marketing is required for sufficient promotion.
We ask three questions to determine whether an initiative receives high emphasis:
1. Is this initiative a way for attenders for respond to a recent teaching from the pulpit?
2. Is this an initiative that we can expect to draw more than 50% of our congregation to participate?
3. Is this a front-door initiative that helps newcomers to take a first step of faith?
If it meets at least on criterion, it receives high emphasis. High emphasis initiative require a meeting with Kate. Please schedule a meeting with her to discuss implementing the high emphasis marketing.
Examples of high emphasis initiatives:
Serve Blitz Day (1, 2, 3)
Harvest Sunday (1, 2, 3)
Breaking Bread (3)
Trunk or Treat (2, 3)
Christmas, Easter (1,2,3)
Easter Egg Hunt (2, 3)
If the initiative doesn't fit into high emphasis, we ask three questions to determine whether it receives medium emphasis.
1, Does the initiative support or feed into a high-emphasis initiative?
2. Does this initiative develop leaders?
3. Is it a ministry-sponsored initiative that is likely to reach a significant number of seekers and introduce them to Christ? (may need team verification)
4. Is this initiative a public celebration of life change through Jesus?
Examples of medium emphasis events:
Silver Compassion (2)
Youth Retreat (3)
Operation Christmas Child (2)
Please fill out the Medium Emphasis Initiative Request form:
All other initiatives receive light emphasis.
Examples of Light Emphasis Initiatives:
Opportunities to serve
Caregiver Support Group
Women's Bible Study
Please fill out the Light Emphasis Initiative Request Form: