Jesus Christ is the basis of our Core Values. We practice UNITY of spirit and purpose - because we are called to be one in Christ. Unity fosters inclusiveness. It embraces a vibrant and vital diversity of spirit and purpose - because we are called to be one in Christ. (Romans 6:5-10; Philippians 2:1-2; John 17:20-23; Psalm 133:1).
We are INTENTIONAL in presenting Jesus Christ to all whom we meet - because we are all "ministers" to the world (Matthew 5:14-16; Mark 16:15; John 20:21).
We serve with BOLDNESS - because we worship a God of infinite power and unlimited possibilities. God compels us to step outside of the church and into the lives of others (Ephesians 3:20-21; John 14:12-14; 2 Timothy 1:7).
We extend to others COMPASSION - because we have received God's unconditional grace. Our unconditional love for others fosters mercy, justice, and reconciliation, diminishing judgmentalism (Colossians 3:12; Ephesians 4:32; 1 Peter 3:8; 2 Corinthians 1:3-4; John 13:34-35). We practice FORGIVENESS - because we are forgiven. It cleanses guilt and heals both the forgiven and the forgiver. It is the reflection, and commandment, of Christ (Matthew 6:12-15; Matthew 18:21-22; Colossians 3:13).
We are ACCOUNTABLE TO GOD and choose to be ACCOUNTABLE TO EACH OTHER . We are invested in the spiritual life and daily walk of each individual in our community of faith (Hebrews 3:13; 1 Thessalonians 5:14-15; Ephesians 4:15-16).
We TRUST one another in the exercise of our faith. Believing God is at work in every believer, we will address any breech of trust in Christian love (Philippians 1:6; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 1 Corinthians 2:4-5).
We provide BELONGING AND A SENSE OF COMMUNITY to all that seek them. Believers are adopted by God as His children and heirs through the work of Christ, and we welcome all to that family, nurturing an attitude of selflessness (Romans 10:12-15; Hebrews 2:11; Ephesians 1:4-6; 1 John 1:7).
FHBC's Foundational Beliefs
- We believe in God the Father who is Creator of heaven and earth, Maker of all that is, seen and unseen.
- We believe in God the Son, Jesus Christ, who is the Savior and Lord of all who believe and trust in Him.
- We believe in God the Holy Spirit who is the Comforter, Encourager, and Counselor.
- We believe that salvation is an unmerited and unearned gift of grace from God that comes through faith in Jesus Christ, and that each person has the free will to respond to God's gracious gift of salvation.
- We believe that through Jesus Christ all believers have direct access to God.
- We believe that the Bible is inspired by God, and that under the Lordship of Christ it is authoritative for the life of the Christian and the Church.
- We believe that Christ is the head of the Church, and that under Christ churches should be autonomous communities of faith and fellowship.
- We believe that each person should be granted religious freedom, and that sharing our faith should be done graciously in love, without coercion.
- We believe that the New Testament teaches that believers should remember the gift and sacrifice of Christ through the symbol of the Last Supper and celebrate the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Christ through believers' baptism. We practice baptism by immersion.
- We believe that Christians should live in loving obedience to God and should be active in sharing the Good News about Jesus Christ through words and deeds.