What is Intersections?
Forest Hills has seen lots of changes over the years, but one of the most significant changes is actually taking place right now. Our neighborhood is growing and changing at a pace we've never seen before. To be the light of Christ to this wonderful neighborhood that we're a part of, we're beginning a new local initiative called Intersections: Bringing Neighbors Together for Good. Through this new ministry, we seek to reintroduce ourselves to the neighborhood, to become more invested in the students and families of Fred Olds Elementary School, and to provide engaging opportunities that minister to the needs of our neighbors.
As part of this effort, we'll be hosting several Intersections events throughout the year. These events are designed to bring our church family and neighbors together as we seek to do good in our neighborhood, build relationships, and to draw closer to the love of Christ as we do so. You can find out more about our first Intersections event by looking below.
July 22: Community Service Day
When: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Where: Forest Hills Baptist Church (201 Dixie Trail)
What: Opportunities to serve our neighborhood (all opportunities on-site)
- UNC Rex Healthcare Blood Drive (10:00am - 2:00pm)
- School Supplies Drive for Fred Olds Elementary (10:00am - 1:00pm)*
- Little Libraries Beautification (10:00am - 11:00am)*
*Designates a volunteer opportunity for all ages
Volunteer Project Opportunities
- UNC Rex Healthcare Blood Drive: To register to give blood, you'll need to sign up here.
- School Supplies Drive: We'll send a list of needed school supplies to our church family and neighborhood. Donations will be dropped off in the parking lot between 10:00am - 1:00pm. We'll need help directing traffic, accepting donations, moving donations, and finally, organizing donations in our storage room. Donations will benefit Fred Olds Elementary School.
- Want to donate school supplies for this project? Check out our donations list
- Little Libraries Beautification: A great opportunity for kids, we'll spend an hour helping to beautify our Little Libraries (soon to be installed at the crosswalk with Fred Olds and outside the entrance to our playground).
- Photography/Media: To help document the day's events, we'd like to have a few people roaming around to take pictures and video of what's going on.
- Hospitality: Want to make lemonade to pass out along the sidewalk? How about drinks and snacks to our volunteers? Or do you just want to hang out and offer directions to folks? If you've answered "yes" to any of these questions, then we could use you for our hospitality team.
- Prayer Station: While we're working alongside our neighbors, we could use some prayer. We'll have a prayer station available in the Sanctuary from 10:00am - 2:00pm. If you'd like to come to pray for our church, our neighbors, and our ability to minister to them, please register for this opportunity.