Senior Pastor Profile
Forest Hills Baptist Church, a 400-member evangelical, autonomous church, with a global ministry and ties to both the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship and the Southern Baptist Convention, invites applications for the position of full-time Senior Pastor. Our Senior Pastor will provide spiritual leadership and encouragement to the FHBC congregation so that we can effectively glorify God as a community of Christ followers who love God, love people, and make disciples. The successful candidate will be called by the Holy Spirit to lead our congregation in the implementation of a bold new leadership model tailored specifically to the church’s mission statement of Seeking, Serving and Sharing Christ. Applicants must be called to reaching the unchurched and have a Theological Degree.
• Gifted and transformational biblical preacher with application, whose passion for ministry springs from a spiritual burden for people.
• Proven experience in leading and planning worship that is relevant and sensitive to the needs of the congregation and attractive to the unchurched.
• Called to innovation and diversity in worship styles.
Leadership and Administration
• Creative/innovative leader able to embrace and articulate the church’s core values, foundational beliefs and vision and lead the congregation to implement plans for church growth, discipleship, community outreach, and advancing the gospel both locally and globally.
• A proven team leader and team member.
• Able to develop and equip church staff and lay leadership by providing leadership and team building for ministers, staff and church members to carry out the work of ministry.
• Proven administrative, organizational, and financial management skills for a congregation of similar size and budget (1+ million dollars).
• An active supporter of Forest Hills’ language churches (African, Farsi and Chinese) and longstanding international ministries and missions.
Pastoral Care and Spiritual Development
• Able to lead the church in providing pastoral counseling and visitation to members.
• Comfortable with performing weddings and funerals.
• A leader by example in actively seeking God’s direction for our church, its members and self through prayer and bible study.
• Called to equip and encourage members in their spiritual development and growth through prayer and bible study.
• Called to and passionate about leading church in outreach and sharing the gospel.
• Enthusiastic about promoting and supporting missions opportunities.
• Outgoing, socially engaging personality.
• Exhibits exemplary personal life and stable family relationships.
• Believes that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and its basic moral and religious teachings are true.
• Open to ministry in a church that believes in and practices open communion and ordains women to diaconate and ministry.