Serving with Forest Hills
Ministry teams are the heart of Forest Hills. These ministry teams are active, passionate, multi-member collaborations; teams form when members see a need and organize to meet it. A number of ministry teams exist to serve within our church. To learn more or get involved, contact Andrew Garnett (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Coffee & Crafts: This group creates crafts and projects for the Forest Hills family and the community at large. Team leader is Beverly Edwards.
- Needles & Prayer: This team knits and crochets prayer shawls and other needed items. Team leader is Mary Anderson.
- Benevolence: This team provides selective emergency financial assistance. Team leader is Rogers Farr.
- Bereavement: This team ministers to grieving family members by providing a family meal on the day of the funeral service. Team leader is Beverly Edwards.
- In-Crowd: This teams cares for members of our church who can't leave their homes as often as they would like. Team leader is Graham Spencer.
- Forest Hills Library: The library team provides books and media for children and adults. Team leader is Sue Farr.
- Breaking Bread: This ministry creates rotating monthly dinner groups, offering our members the opportunity to meet new people and build deeper relationships. Team leader is Derek Graham.
- Retreats: A team organizes retreats to help us deepen relationships with one another and grow spiritually. Team leader is Derek Graham.
- Hospitality: Meals cooked in the FHBC kitchen give us the chance to meet new people, build relationships, and serve each other around the table. Team leader is Jane Revak.
- Children's Ministry: Our children's ministry team plans, organizes, and leads the children's ministry of Forest Hills.
- Youth Ministry: The youth ministry team plans, organizes, and leads the youth ministry of Forest Hills.
- Adult Ministry: This team plans programs and activities for adults age 55+. Team leaders are John and Dora Cornwell.
- Men's Ministry: The men's ministry team plans Bible studies, service project, and fellowship events for the men of Forest Hills. Team leader is Larry Hancock.
- Children's Essentials: This team provides direct, emergency assistance for basic children's necessities such as cribs, clothing, strollers, and diapers. Team leader is Sandra Haskins.
- Habitat for Humanity: This team provides opportunities for church members to participate in the work of the local Habitat for Humanity chapter – building homes in the Triangle area for needy families. Team leader is Kevin Bellamy.
- Boy Scout Troop 207: The purpose of the scout team is to support and encourage youth in moral and leadership development through scouting programs. Leaders are Rudy Shaw and Archie Futrell.
- Operation Christmas Child: This team organizes an Operation Christmas Child donation drive, sending shoeboxes filled with Christmas gifts to children around the world. Team leader is Cheryl Hibbs.
- Pinewood Derby: At the pinewood derby, racers of all ages create cars for competition and fellowship. Team leaders are Curtis Weaver and Bill Gentry.